The house is available for writing retreats from mid-September until June each year. I am currently accepting applications for retreats through the end of December 2018. I will begin to accept applications for Jan-June of 2019 in September.
- $400 per week for individual writers
- $350 per week for GrubStreet Members (not sure what this is? Visit GrubStreet)
- $325 per week for GrubStreet instructors or staff
- Multiple weeks will be discounted by 10% of the total– 2 weeks for an individual writer would be $800-$80=$720
- Additional nights beyond the first week can be prorated.
Once your application is approved (I do my best to respond within a few days), I will send you payment information. Payment is due upfront, via PayPal or by check. Once I receive your payment in full I will block the calendar for you and forward you everything you need to know to make the most of your retreat.
For writing partners or small groups: Remember that writing friend you made at MacDowell or Yaddo? The one you exchanged work with? You likely won’t be able to go back to Macdowell or Yaddo at the same time, but you can book a house together at Hemingway House. Or maybe you have bonded with a few writers at GrubStreet and you would benefit from time away together?
The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 Full baths (1 King, 1 Full, 2 Twins, plus a pull out sofa in a living room that can be closed off)– very comfortable for 3-4 writers, doable for 5. 6 is the absolute max. If you would like to be considered as a pair or a larger group, please ask each person to apply separately with a reference to each other. Groups are limited to one week. No non-writing friends/partners/spouses please.
- $300 per week for each writer
- $275 per week for each GrubStreet Member (not sure what this is? Visit GrubStreet)
- $250 per week for each GrubStreet instructor/ staff member
A word to solo writers: Don’t worry. (I guess that’s two words…or three, depending how you feel about contractions). Either way, despite what is written above about group applications, if you apply by yourself, you will have the house all to yourself!